Tuesday, September 20, 2011


My best friends mom-in-law is planning a celebration for her mom's 90th birthday party. She asked me to make invitation that would reflect her mom. Well, this amazing woman grew up on a dairy farm, owned a clothing store, loves golf and playing games, etc...There was so many neat things about her mom that it was hard to decide what direction I wanted to go with the invite. So, I chose "Funny Farm" stamp set from Gina K. designs and used a "fence" die-namic die from My Favorite Thing stamp company. I made the card an "easel" fold and have provided the link to the tutorial on how to create an easel card. I made 2 masks, one to use over the sky while I sponged the grass and then used one on the grass while I sponged the sky. I used a cloud stamp from Savvystamps with white stazon and white pearl embossing powder. I am still in the process of coloring the cows and barn. It's hard to see in this picture but the cow is popped up with dimensionals. The words are rub-ons from TPC Studio. I also made 50 postcards for the guests to write something on the back and send to her at a later date. Super fun card to make and I am very grateful to Connie for trusting me with this project. I just love to create!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment