Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Kindness matters!

Kindness Matters!
I am a person who strives for peace in my life as well as...hopefully creating peace for others while interacting with them at my job. I began my new job 14 weeks ago and today was the first day I had to defend myself, my job, my office, and my co-workers. My experience with a patient today was extremely upsetting; however, I think I handled the situation well. On the other hand I am totally "freaked out" by the confrontation and looking to find some peace and kindness. I came home to my family and praised GOD for such an amazing life with them. I came into my craft room and the first thing I saw was this card laying on my desk. I created this card many, many months ago and don't even know why I had a copy on my desk. But, today I saw it and remembered that it is called, "Kindness Matters." I took a deep breathe and decided that I had handled myself in a professional way and had given the patient kindness. I hope, after the patient has time to process the conversation, that he remembers the kindness I had given him and is able to find peace in his life. Since the death of my daughter I have really internalized peace and the importance of living simply. During stressful times I want to project kindness and peace...not just for myself...but for others...by the GRACE OF GOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment