Thursday, December 27, 2012

It's all in the balance.

     The last three month I have been home (and off of school) to recover from a total knee replacement on September 26th. This time allowed me to get in some much needed paper crafting. I took some classes, spent money on super fun "crafty" stuff, and did some overall card designing; all of this in between therapy and doctor's appointments. A few weeks ago I was looking back at my last post from June and revisited all of the craziness and stress I was experiencing in my life and then noticed I was missing one thing. I'll get back to that in a minute.
Axmas card for Jul
     Now, each Christmas I am asked to make Christmas cards for family friends. The specs are very simple...the "sicker" the better. For the guys I always try to incorporate skull and crossbones; however, I needed one for a girl.  We have all seen the girly skull and crossbones that have pink hearts for eyes and a pink bow on top but I needed something more grown up yet still simple. After I was finished with the card design and creation, I had an epiphany. I realized what I had been missing back over the summer. Balance! Yes, it was so simple. I didn't have any balance in my life.
I was so focused on everything and everyone else that I wasn't focused on God or his path for me. I had taken the wheel and thought I could control and manipulate the direction of my responsibilities without a second glance at the cross. Creating this pink and white Christmas card turned out to be visually balanced and also reminded me the importance of being spiritually balanced!
Christmas card for Hannah

 

No comments:

Post a Comment